In addition to raising funds, we want to collect donations of new unwrapped gifts, rolls of wrapping paper and supplies, and homemade baked goods. If you can donate those items let us know!
August marks our 3rd Anniversary as a 501c3 charity. Now when you’ve done your taxes you may have noticed that you are restricted on which charities you can claim a tax credit on for donations towards your Arizona taxes (Federal has no restrictions as long as it is a 501c3).
There are 4 qualifications for a charity to be eligible for this:
1. Be a 501c3 nonprofit (Check)
2. Must spend over 50% of budget providing services to qualifying populations ( people receiving TANF benefits, low-income residents, people with chronic illness or disability. (Not yet but possible in the future)
3. Provide a statement that we plan to continue spending at least 50% of the budget on those people. (not yet but possible)
4. “The organization provides a statement indicating it does not offer, pay for or provide coverage for abortions, and does not financially support any other entity that provides, pays for or provides coverage of abortions.” THIS is where we have a big freaking problem.
In the before times pre-COVID, one of our most fun fundraisers was our Comedy Night benefitting the Abortion Fund of AZ. We were proud of every dollar we helped raise for them ($1,057!). And I can’t wait to be able to do another event for them. I also can’t wait until we are a big enough organization that we can help our members directly, including providing funds to them for whatever their needs, including abortions. Because Body autonomy is DAMN important to us. If that means we will never be eligible for the AZ Charitable Tax Credit, so be it.
So today I am asking you to help us grow, help us get to where we can have a physical space, and offer programs to help our members. We took a hit last year because of Lockdown but we survived and we want to continue growing. We can only do this with you. Any amount is greatly welcomed, from $5 to $1000, we need your help to grow to be the preeminent Atheist organization in Southern Arizona that can help our members as well if not better than any religious organization helps their followers.
Please donate today!
Hey everyone we are collecting pet food for Southern Arizona Animal Food Bank! They deliver food and items to pet parents all over Southern Arizona and the shelves are a bit sparse lately.
Dog & Cat food (wet or dry)
Flea & tick products
Gift certificates for Spay/Neuter
You can bring items to any of our events or message us and we can arrange to meet you to pick them up.
Invest in AZ! We’re excited to announce that The TACO Team is joining this year’s #AZGivesDay — a statewide, 24-hour online giving campaign. Please consider giving on April 6. You can also donate now through Early Giving at https://www.azgives.org/TACOTeam!
What if you could simply donate your spare change from everyday purchases to support the TACO Team? Well now you can, because there’s an app for that!
We haves partnered with a revolutionary mobile donation app called Coin Up. This short video explains why we think Coin Up is so awesome.
In just 3 Easy Steps your spare change can start to make a big impact:
1. Download the (free) Coin Up App from the Apple Store OR visit http://www.coinupapp.com
2. Select “Tucson Atheist Community Outreach Team” as your charity
3. Link your bank card & set a monthly limit
Coin Up rounds up each transaction to the nearest dollar and donates the “spare change” directly to the TACO Team every month. Your information is secure and encrypted with the highest level of bank-approved technology. And, you’re always in control of your Coin Up donations by setting your monthly limit.
Imagine thousands of friends like you donating even $5 a month in spare change from credit/debit card purchases. Together we can make real CHANGE for Atheists, Non-religious and secular people in Southern AZ! Download the Coin Up app today!
Founder & President, The TACO Team