Invest in AZ! We’re excited to announce that The TACO Team is joining this year’s #AZGivesDay — a statewide, 24-hour online giving campaign. Please consider giving on April 6. You can also donate now through Early Giving at https://www.azgives.org/TACOTeam!
Giving back isn’t cancelled. On #GivingTuesdayNow, we’re sharing ways you can express generosity right from your own home.
1. Donate to our Food Bank fundraiser- https://donate.communityfoodbank.org/TheTACOTeam
2. Send cards to friends & family (supporting USPS at same time).
3. Use sidewalk chalk to share gratitude and hopeful messages with your neighbors.
4. donate to help us continue to thrive through this crisis- www.thetacoteam.org/donate
5. Volunteer to do shopping for vulnerable friends/family (if you are able).
7. Order a meal from a local restaurant for take out or delivery- try to call/order direct instead of using an app as they retain more of the funds.
8. Sign up for our Fry’s Community Rewards program to donate to us with every grocery trip!
10. Add us as your Amazon Smile charity! Whenever you order essentials from Amazon you can earn us a donation.
11. Paint some kindness rocks to hide in your neighborhood or just your front yard, join Hide Tucson Rocks
12. Join Coin Up to earn us regular donations whenever you shop!
13. Bake bread or goodies for your friends or family and deliver to their doorsteps! Use safe practices.
14. Recommend good books, movies or binge-worthy shows to us and your friends to help pass the time!
Hi everyone, we were planning to do a Food Drive for the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona in April, originally because of the cuts to SNAP benefits, now it is needed exponentially more due to the COVID-19 outbreak and subsequent unemployment rise. They are not accepting physical donations currently so an online donation drive is the best bet and will do the most good anyway. If you are able to give, please do so, if not please share. These donations go straight to the Community Food Bank so they can make use of them ASAP.
2019 was a year of many changes. We hope 2020 will be our year of growth. We hope to add new members, provide more direct giving and services to our members and finally get a brick and mortar space to do the following:
- Hold meetings where members would not feel obligated to purchase food to attend. Such as Grief Support, Book Group, secular addiction support groups, small discussion groups.
- Have a separate room from the meeting room to provide childcare during meetings so more members can attend events.
- Have a storage room to store donations for clothing or food drives.
- Hold adult enrichment classes- learn new crafts, cooking skills, essential repair skills, financial literacy, civic engagement.
- Bake sales or craft fairs
- Fundraising events, comedy nights, speaking engagements, etc
- Kitchen area for cooking classes, potlucks, regular community dinners open to public
- Parking area large enough for members to park during events, space for food trucks, space for Produce on Wheels Without Waste distribution
Current rents for a building space such as this is between $1000-$3000/month. Once we have the space the possibilities to raise funds will be much easier.
On our way there we will need smaller things as well.
- An HP Laserjet Printer, $369.
- Replacement cartridges, ~$200 x 4.
- Paper, envelopes, cardstock, ~$120
- Quickbook accounting software 1 yr subscription, $75
Any amount will help us to our goal. Please donate and/or share our campaign and help us make Southern Arizona a safe, welcoming and supportive place for Atheists, Secularists, and Non-religious people.